Waiting on Wednesday (4)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
My lovely and fine damsels, finally,finally. How art thou? Me? Haha. Still recovering from the horrid book slump but hey, I'm still breathing! Anyways, here are the two books I've been anticipating together with some nail-biting and glass-scratching. Now that's creepy. Thanks to Goodreads for all the book info in this post. Without further ado...




When Elissa's nightmarish visions and inexplicable bruises lead to the discovery of a battered twin sister on the run from government agents, Elissa enlists the help of an arrogant new graduate from the space academy.




Aside from the obvious cover-love, what else can I say? C'mon on,ladies. GOVERNMENT.AGENTS? SPACE.ACADEMY? Whew. I'm waiting. Expected publication will be on June 11, 2013 by Simon and Schuster Books.


In 1918, the world seems on the verge of apocalypse. Americans roam the streets in gauze masks to ward off the deadly Spanish influenza, and the government ships young men to the front lines of a brutal war, creating an atmosphere of fear and confusion. Sixteen-year-old Mary Shelley Black watches as desperate mourners flock to séances and spirit photographers for comfort, but she herself has never believed in ghosts. During her bleakest moment, however, she’s forced to rethink her entire way of looking at life and death, for her first love—a boy who died in battle—returns in spirit form. But what does he want from her?
Featuring haunting archival early-twentieth-century photographs, this is a tense, romantic story set in a past that is eerily like our own time.


Because me loves photographs especially if said photographs is early 20th century. The synopsis itself pulled me in 'cause my lovelies, I'm all for the apocalypse. And ghosts. If my first love returns in spirit form, I'M LIGHTING A CANDLE WHILE SHIVERING. I wonder how the heroine will handle this "dilemma" Here's to hoping she wouldn't scream. I love me badass femmes. :) Expected publication will be on April 2, 2013 by Amulet Books.

What's your Wow? Leave a linky and I'll check it out! :**

PS. I'm kinda uncomfortable with my lovely damsels... 69? >.< *laughs*

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Hi there, my pretty damsel. I love to read your comments. Feel free to write one and I'm sure a knight is on his way to you *winks*


up