ArmchairBEA Day One: Interview


This is the first time I joined #ArmchairBEA because my blog is still a baby. And I’m too far from NY and apparently not in the right age too. Meaning, I’m still below 18. Obviously. Sorry for boring you, guys! By the way, this baby blog is tackling mostly Young Adult books. Oh, here’s the linky to Armchair BEA Central, the blog which started it all .So let’s start the self interview without further ado.


  1. Please tell us a little bit about yourself: Who are you? How long have you been blogging? Why did you get into blogging?
I am Johanna, a teenager from the Republic of the Philippines and I’ve been blogging since April 2012. I got into blogging because of THE Julie Kagawa and her Iron Fey series. I can’t contain the awesomeness of the book so I let it all out in the reviews. And also because of a certain lady named Lalaine who pushed me to make my own blog. Not only that, she helped me prepare all the ingredients and I swear this woman has magic in persuading people. Someone’s gotta inspire you right? 
           2. Tell us one non-book-related thing that everyone reading your blog may not know about you.
I sleep with a My Little Pony named Singing Minty and a teddy bear named Jack inspired by the character in Blood Red Road. Oh, that’s still book related. *laughs*

       3. If you could eat dinner with any author or character, who would it be and why?  
Edgar Allan Poe. That legend of a man really inspires and pulls me in to his mysteries. And I would definitely order Crispy Chicken Steak for dinner xD
         4.    What is your favorite part about the book blogging community? Is there anything that you would like to see change in the coming years? 
Heavens! I love every part of the community. The authors, the passionate blogger with unfailing support and mutual understanding and even the occasional dramas. Being a fellow blogger myself, I would really like to see the blogging community flourish into something that can change the world. Like the motto, “Changing the world, one book at a time” or “Bookmaggedon: Postponing the end, one book at a time”. Now that’s pretty neat, eh? ;)  
         5.  Where do you see your blog in five years?
Five years is a very long time, my friend. And now, I’m not even imagining the future of my blog. Because I swear that as long as books, the physical ones, still exists, then so will my blog. Hopefully. Also, as long as I can still read and still write, then my blog will still continue its journey. I’m living in the present but with school approaching, I’m afraid it won’t be the first priority anymore but it will still be a PRIORITY nevertheless.


Thank you for the precious time you’ve allotted to read this piece of information about moi. I appreciate it. I just wanna introduce an event hosted by Eileen  called #TeenBEA. More info in her post Armchair BEA: Day 1 in the announcement area.



*There she is in all her glory and she sends her regards *

18 comments:

The Perpetually Annoyed said... Best Blogger Tips

aww! my husband would love you! He adores My Little Pony, and teddies. He has hundreds around the house! And I'm pretty sure most things in most of our lives would come back to being book related eventually!
Chelle

Jordyn said... Best Blogger Tips

it's difficult to think of where your blog might be in five years, huh? at least, it was for me. also that my little pony is adorable.

my intro post.

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

Crispy Chicken and Poe? Unusual combination but would make an interesting evening.

Aarti said... Best Blogger Tips

Ooh, Edgar Allan Poe would be a fascinating and brooding dinner guest. He'd probably tell AWESOME stories!

Ange said... Best Blogger Tips

Hey there! I'm so glad u had me check out your blog!! I LOVE My Little Ponies and Edgar Allan Poe is an awesome selection for a dinner guest! I wonder what he was really like. Do u think he told stories all the time? Or just observed everything around him in silence? P.S.here's a silly horse fact for u. They are almost like large dogs! :) They can be trained, they knock u over when they cuddle with u because they forget how big they are and they love a good belly rub! LOL!

Kathy Reel said... Best Blogger Tips

Johanna, I simply love the title of your blog using the word "book-stress." I have got to get around to the Iron Fey series. Oh, and Edgar is my man, so kudos to you for picking him. Thanks for visiting my blog, too, at http://www.readingroom-readmore.com/

Novel Chatter said... Best Blogger Tips

What a great idea! Edgar Allan Poe! Gosh I loved him, makes me want to go back and re-read his stuff!

Jen said... Best Blogger Tips

Edgar would certainly be a fascinating dinner date. :-) I love your pony!!!

bibliojunkies said... Best Blogger Tips

Iron Fey is one of my favorite YA series ever. I definitely understand why they inspired you. Absolutely love that you sleep with a My Little Pony. Did you know that author Courtney Allison Moulton (Angelfire and Wings of the Wicked) is a huge My Little Pony collector?

Thanks for stopping by our blog!

Ariel Wilson said... Best Blogger Tips

Aw, she's cute! I sleep with a stuffed Thumper from Bambi, and I'm 21 :)

Nikki S said... Best Blogger Tips

Man meting with Poe would be so interesting! I would love that! And your My Little Pony is adorable. I have a doll that I have had since my first birthday that I still sleep with... And I'm 23 haha

Great list! It was great meeting you!

Fiktshun said... Best Blogger Tips

Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series is awesome! That's a perfect reason to start a blog so you can share your passion for her series. :)

And I love that you'd want to hang out with Poe and have crispy chicken. I think he'd be a very interesting dinner companion.

Good luck with your baby blog and may it continue for years to come! I hope you continue to have a passion for books and will share your thoughts with the bookish community.

Have a happy first Armchair BEA!

Poof...books! said... Best Blogger Tips

Stopping by Johanna as I said I would. I think your blog title might be my favorite ever I am always in bookstress but for the best possible reason, too many and not enough time.

Applaud you on your age and your focus on reading I hope this stays with you for a lifetime. Maybe you need to start some event or campaign for BEA to have under 18.

Jennifer A said... Best Blogger Tips

I love My Little Pony! How cute.

Your blog is adorable! Love it.

Great to meet you! :)

(: Isa :) said... Best Blogger Tips

Loved it! “Bookmaggedon: Postponing the end, one book at a time” Way toooooo funny. Aww, such a cute pony :) I have only read book 1 in the Iron Fey series, but it was amazing. Need to go put the rest on hold at the library! Attending BEA would be so awesome, but this is neat too! Thanks for stopping by and hope you have fun!

Stepping Out of the Page said... Best Blogger Tips

Oh what a great interview, I loved your answers! :) My Little Pony ROCKS! Haha. Great post, nice to meet you.

New to your blog!
Stephanie @ Stepping Out of the Page

Sana said... Best Blogger Tips

LOL I love the idea of bookmageddon and My Little Pony is adorable! =D

My Armchair BEA: Introduction post.

Chrystal said... Best Blogger Tips

Lovely blog. :)

I love your MLP! ;) So cute!

And I adored the Iron Fey series by Julie Kagawa too. Nice to meet you!

Post a Comment

Hi there, my pretty damsel. I love to read your comments. Feel free to write one and I'm sure a knight is on his way to you *winks*


up