ArmchairBEA Day Four: Beyond the Blog..Opportunities and All

So here we are, guys, with the Day Four of this uber awesome Armchair BEA and today we will be talking about any opportunities your blog has given you, aside from the free books and stuff. Well for me, there's almost nothing really I can tell because again this is a baby blog, born right smack the controversy that rocked the YA blogging world. *wink**wink**nudge**nudge*

Blogging for me is a prerequisite since I'm taking up Journalism for college (Oh, wait. That was a hint again to my age eh?) and that in itself is an opportunity. It harnesses my skills in communicating with the masses through the media. I'm not paid ever to write those reviews. Though I am wishing I was that capable. But the feeling of satisfaction after you press that Publish button after writing a rev for a book is incomparable. Whether it's a bad or a good review, the fact that you part with a little bit of yourself making it is already an accomplishment. Then the comments will appear and you'll go gaga over how happy you are and how endearing those people are for even reading your review. Meeting with fellow bloggers of the community in the net is an opportunity for you to convince yourself that you're not anti-social that you thought yourself you are. What the heck? But you get the idea, guys. Reading books, appreciating authors and interacting bloggers are the magical ingredients that made up this EPIC TO THE NTH DEGREE blogging experience. And the way I look at it, we will weather through the storms of change just fine. *raises glass* For the love of books and books of Love!
 Audience: Not very convincing, Johanna.
Me:


Thank you for reading my entry of the Day Four of Armchair BEA and I do fervently hope I stated my opinion on the topic clearly. If you didn't understand my rambling up there, well there's no return policy, right? XD Love and peace out, guys! 


PS. I just met you and this is crazy, but here's my blog, so follow me maybe? : D

9 comments:

Livia @ Butterfly-o-Meter Books said... Best Blogger Tips

Awesome, Journalism! Yeah, I think blogging is a fab way of exercising those skillz :D
The community certainly does rock, no doubt about it.

Have a great week and hope to see you around soon :D

Felicia the Geeky Blogger said... Best Blogger Tips

Journalism is a great degree to pursue. It will be fun and challenging. It also can be put to many uses and not just used in the traditional sense. Great goal and yeah for using your blog to hone your skills!

Bellezza said... Best Blogger Tips

While not a reader of YA, I so agree with this comment of yours: " Reading books, appreciating authors and interacting bloggers are the magical ingredients..." For sure! Happy Day 4!

Elle said... Best Blogger Tips

You have a great way with words and getting your point across!! Awesome!! Happy BEA Day 4 to you also!!

Man of la Book said... Best Blogger Tips

You'd appreciate those skills when in the corporate world.
You'd be surprised how many employers would hire someone based on the qualifications that they can write a coherent memo which is longer than 140 characters :)

http://www.ManOfLaBook.com

Stepping Out of the Page said... Best Blogger Tips

Haha, what a great post - I love those pictures! :)

New to your blog!
Stephanie @ Stepping Out of the Page

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I love me some Somee Cards!

The Perpetually Annoyed said... Best Blogger Tips

A love of books is a fantastic thing to have!
Chelle

Jana said... Best Blogger Tips

Love the pictures! What a nice post!

And I wanted to stop by and thank you for your encouraging words to reach for my dream of designing book covers. :) That was so sweet of you! Have a wonderful day!

- Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl

Post a Comment

Hi there, my pretty damsel. I love to read your comments. Feel free to write one and I'm sure a knight is on his way to you *winks*


up