Waiting on Wednesday (2)

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking the Spine that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.
Greetings, my lovely damsels! This will be an early post of WoW because I won't have time tomorrow since it's my second day in college. Anyways, today I'll be introducing the two books that caught my book eye while I was searching desperately in Goodreads for 2013 releases. Too long a wait when they're so freaking *squeals*
Vessel 



  In a desert land where serpents made of unbreakable glass fly through the sky and wolves made of only sand hunt within storms, Liyana is destined to be a vessel, to sacrifice herself so that her clan’s goddess can inhabit her body... but her goddess never comes.




Dude, I just had a COVERGASM after spotting this. I bet my little pony, that lady is Asian. And the rusty colors swirl so prettily they sparkle in my view. I would love to have that beauty grace my shelves.  The blurb is as interesting as the cover itself,  "serpents made of unbreakable glass fly through the sky and wolves made of only sand..." Talk about the impossibility of eradicating these creatures. Crossing my fingers that the protagonist will be badass. I wanna know how she can handle these. Oh, Goddesses of Badassery, this humble damsel begs of you to make the heroine fit her tastes. Here you can have her 0.001 % chance of having her knight in shining armor fall in love with her in exchange for that plea. XD Expected publication will be on  September 11th 2012 by Margaret K. McElderry. Ooooh, I really <3 McElderry books. The same publisher who brought Blood, Red, Road to my world. Eeeeppp! Speaking of which *winks* Click here to add this wonder via Goodreads.


Going Vintage
 The story of a girl figuring out the truths and illusions of life and love, both in the nostalgic past and in the very real now. Laugh-out-loud humor combines with a hint of romance in this delightful contemporary novel.
The cure for a broken heart? Go vintage and live like it’s 1962! Mallory’s boyfriend, Jeremy, isn’t just cheating on her. He’s cheating with an online girlfriend. So Mallory decides to swear off boys and modern technology. Inspired by a list of goals her grandmother made in 1962, Mallory decides to “go vintage” and return to a simpler time. She sets out to complete grandma’s list: run for pep club secretary, host a dinner party, sew a homecoming dress, find a steady, do something dangerous. The list proves to be trickier than it looks. Obviously finding a steady is out . . . no matter how intriguing she finds Oliver (er, Jeremy's cousin). But with the help of her sister, Mallory will finish the list and find peace. Somehow.
I need my contemporary fix so bad. Humor + Romance= Johanna's surrender. I GOTTA HAVE THIS! The cover is really a looker in the modern perspective. Past and the present rolled in one would turn out to be a very compelling combination. I just hope this book would pull this off. I don't want any disappointments or else, there'll be a lot of unladylike swearing that will ensue. Believe me, I swear like a pirate. My teachers could attest to that. Hahaha! The synopsis landed the book in my TBR. It's super interestin'~ And I have a soft spot for the name Mallory. I thought it was a boy name. Hmm... expected publication will be on  March 19th 2013 by Bloomsbury. Hope it's worth the long wait, fellas! Goodreads.


So those are my anticipated reads this Wednesday. Share me yours and link me up in the comments section. I'll drop by if I'm not too tired. I will do anything in my power to apply the Law of Karma, my lovely damsels.


PS. Still recruiting followers to be my damsels. Let us stress books together! 

22 comments:

Julie said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow, those two book covers are beautiful! The world building sounds promising in Vessel. EEEH! I LOVE BLOOD RED ROAD. I'm buying that book now. That publisher knows how to pick good books.

Going vintage sounds like a cute read. I'd never want to follow my grandma's to do list because it was a way different time back then. No electricity, walking everywhere, hand washing things, no air conditioning...

Great picks!

The Lost Lola said... Best Blogger Tips

Great book choices! I love the idea of flying shatter-proof glass birds! What an exquisite image to have in my head when I fall asleep :) And Going Vintage sounds right up my alley. I think we can both attest to feeling a little out of place in the modern world, perhaps this book will act as an inspiration to fulfilling my nostalgic heart! Now I am off to work on my WoW :D

Kimberly @ Caffeinated Reviewer said... Best Blogger Tips

Both have great covers and are fantastic choices. I am very curious about Vessel ...and the shatter-proof glass birds. Thanks for stopping by My WoW new follower :)

Kari Po-Ku ▲ said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm excited for Vessel! It sounds really awesome and the cover is really beautiful! :D

My WoW

Melissa (i swim for oceans) said... Best Blogger Tips

VESSEL sounds phenomenal! I can't wait for that one. I've never heard of GOING VINTAGE, but the premise sounds solid!

Fab choices :) I'm your newest follower!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Vessel looks really good! The cover is very interesting. New follower!
Here is my WoW
Kelley Lee

Nicola said... Best Blogger Tips

Awesome picks!! Going Vintage sounds fantastic and the cover is too awesome for words.

Susanne said... Best Blogger Tips

I love both covers. Going Vintage sounds really good. Nice picks! Thanks for stopping by!

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

Amazing picks.. These covers are amazing. The books themselves sound great too..


Jenea @ Books Live Forever
http://booksliveforever.com/?p=1612

Jessica @ a GREAT read said... Best Blogger Tips

OOh those look intriguing! Seen the second one from WoWs past! Hope you enjoy both!

Thanks for visting my WoW!

Lili said... Best Blogger Tips

The cover of Vessel is so beautiful! It sounds totally unique. Amazing pick (:

Lena said... Best Blogger Tips

Johanna!!! Great Picks!! Going Vintage looks really good!!!
thanks for sharing!
my WoW is http://ilovebooksclub101.blogspot.com/2012/06/waiting-on-wednesday-3.html

Unknown said... Best Blogger Tips

I'm waiting on Going Vintage too! And I still need to read her other novel Sean Griswold's Head. Thanks for stopping by my blog!
New follower :)

Lauren said... Best Blogger Tips

Vessel sounds amazing! And the cover is beautiful!

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog! I love yours!

Jenn @ Owl Read It said... Best Blogger Tips

I've been wanting to read Going Vintage! It sounds pretty funny. Hadn't heard of the other one, but it looks great as well! Great picks!

manda-rae said... Best Blogger Tips

Ooh, Vessel sounds super interesting. I'll be on the lookout for it in September. I'm not sure I'd pick up Going Vintage on my own. But maybe it'll be great for you!

Thanks for visiting my WoW.

Rachel said... Best Blogger Tips

I had to laugh when you said "covergasm" I love it!! Although, the second books appeals to me more. I love the idea of going back to a simpler time. Going for the cousin Oliver sounds like a good payback to the cheating BF. Great picks Johanna. :)

Sarah@Catching Books said... Best Blogger Tips

Both choices are great!! I will have to add both books to my tbr pile :)

Happy reading and thanks for stopping by!!

Sarah@Catching Books said... Best Blogger Tips

@Sarah@Catching Books
I'm a new follower as well :D

Jennifer said... Best Blogger Tips

Vessel looks and sounds amazing. I can't wait to read it. Thanks for sharing.

Cassie Frye said... Best Blogger Tips

I've seen Going Vintage showcased a lot! Must add that to my TBR.

And thanks for stopping by my WoW!

Citrus Reads

roro said... Best Blogger Tips

so exitedddddddd for vessel

Post a Comment

Hi there, my pretty damsel. I love to read your comments. Feel free to write one and I'm sure a knight is on his way to you *winks*


up