ArmchairBEA Day Two: Best of 2012


Today I will be highlighting the books I've read in 2012 that made an impression to me in the Young Adult genre. Like for example, it hit me in the gut because of its dark sorrow or sent me flying to paradise because of the hot guy in it.  It is in order and as for my highly anticipated books, I'll be featuring it tomorrow for my very first Waiting on Wednesday entry. So you can come back *puppy dog's eyes* and take a look at it. : )
  
       NUMBER ONE NUMBER ONE NUMBER ONE NUMBER ONE NUMBER ONE

Obsidian (Lux, #1)                                               
   Need I say more? I spent half of my life fangirling over Daemon Black and Katy Swartz's steamy relationship. I officially became a rabid fangirl. And yes, the author gained another stalker. Check out my review of this phenomenon here. You can't miss this.                                                                                                     





NUMBER TWO NUMBER TWO NUMBER TWO NUMBER TWO NUMBER TWO 

Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1)                                             
Yes, damsels and knights, Under the Never Sky grabbed the second spot of my Best of 2012 because this fresh and futuristic dystopian novel rocks. Like seriously, everything in my world. My teddy, my pony, my socks, my fish and etc. Breathtaking. I know this is no excuse but unfortunately I didn't make a review of this  awesome yet. But you can clicky the picky for Goodreads. *grins*


Storm (Elemental, #1) 




Why oh why did I forget about Storm? Anyways, Storm bagged the second spot tied with Under the Never Sky.Because it was paradise. Specifically boy paradise. Again no review because I was probably too busy wiping my drool and nosebleeding to even write one. xD




NUMBER THREE NUMBER THREE NUMBER THREE NUMBER THREE 

Don't Breathe a Word
 This powerful novel bagged the third spot as it brought me to experience  how a runaway lives. And the suffocation brought by a sickness, emotionally and physically. Very moving and compelling, Don't Breathe A Word will take you to an unavoidable reality where security and over-protectiveness varies differently. No review again. *waves NO TO VIOLENCE! banner*






 NUMBER FOUR NUMBER FOUR NUMBER FOUR NUMBER FOUR NUMBER FOUR
Masque of the Red Death (Masque of the Red Death, #1)
Dark and stunningly engrossing, The Masque of the Red Death, got an award for worldbuilding. Plus it's a retelling of Poe's book so, nuff said. Diseases as potent as fear and desperation were highlighted in this bleak and artistically gloomy book. A must read for Poe fans out there. My complete review here 






NUMBER FIVE NUMBER FIVE NUMBERFIVE NUMBER FIVE NUMBER FIVE

Hemlock (Hemlock, #1) 
The last but certainly not the least, Hemlock, is one of the book in the werewolf genre worth reading. Filled with suspense and built with a surprisingly unique plot, Hemlock will make you howl. xD No just kidding! Please read it. Even when it's angst-ridden, it will get better when you venture farther. Read my complete review here. If you dare. Mwahahaha!




Eherm...that laugh was certainly creepy. There you have it, my Top 5 Best of 2012 for the day two of #ArmchairBEA. Unfortunately, I can't hold a giveaway because I'm totally broke. Body, money and soul.

Thank you for reading through this torture post and for celebrating Day Two with me. Link me up and I'll be sure to check out your Best of 2012 too! Happy Armchair BEA to each and everyone!
Photo credits to Goodreads for the book covers and NinaReads for the Armchair BEA banner.
PS. Apologies for the super long spaces. I now know that blogger was my arch-nemesis in my past life. Don't worry, if it's any consolation, I'm still swearing here. ; ) 
PSS. I need more followers, my lovely damsels! I follow back, just mention in the comments area. Don't be rude. A damsel is not rude. They're nice. And cute. And..okayy..okayy. I'll stop now! xD

23 comments:

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

HELLO JOHANNA!
WOW YOUR TOP 5 BOOKS ROCK!
AND GUESS WHAT? I HAVEN'T READ NOT ONE BUT THEY'RE ALL ON MY TO READ LIST! WOOO!
KEEP UP THE ARMCHAIRBEA LOOKING FORWARD TO MORE POSTS! Oop, Caps ;)

darkmyth89 said... Best Blogger Tips

Obsidian takes the number 1 spot woohoo!! Go Daemon!!! 💗😃

Johanna said... Best Blogger Tips

@Heart Of Rainbow Ahahaha! Love your caps, darling!

Johanna said... Best Blogger Tips

@darkmyth89 Yeahhh! *fists pump*

Maidenveil said... Best Blogger Tips

The books in your list are in my tbr pile! *bumping them up!*

-Len of Musings of a Reader Happy

Sarah said... Best Blogger Tips

Hi Johanna! Obsidian looks really good!

Happy ABEA!

VikLit said... Best Blogger Tips

I have to add some of these to my reading pile, what great recs. Under The Never Sky - *adds*

Kate @ Ex Libris said... Best Blogger Tips

I thought Hemlock was very good!!

Kate @ Ex Libris

Deborah Julene said... Best Blogger Tips

Under the Never Sky sound so good! I don't know why I haven't read it yet! Love the list (=

Elle said... Best Blogger Tips

I love your top 5!! These books sound like they are ready to be devoured!! Can't wait to add them to my TBR list!

Faye (Daydreaming_Star) said... Best Blogger Tips

Okay, first things first - i love your blog! It is so cute! The design makes me wanna steal it <33

Secondly… I WANT ALL YOUR BOOKS. Seriously. In an awkward moment I admit I haven't read any of them but they are all very high on my wish list or reading list!! I love that you love them :-)

Thanks for stopping by my post!

Faye

Val said... Best Blogger Tips

So I'm thinking you're gonna like my favorite pick!! Heehee -----> Onyx!!!

Nice list. Under the Never Sky made my list too and I can't wait to read Hemlock.

Thanks for participating!

Here's my crem della crem list

Valerie
StuckInBooks

Christina2227 @ The Book Hookup said... Best Blogger Tips

Wow, all of these are on my TBR list because I haven't had a time to get to them yet. *le sigh* I need more hours in a day or a life-pause button on my remote.

I really love the design of your blog. Polka dots are a fave of mine.

I hope you have a great BEA-filled week!

~Christina (and the other Book Hookup Litbrarians)
The Book Hookup's Best of 2012

Anne said... Best Blogger Tips

Some really great choices here - I've got most of them on my (miles long) TBR list, but the ones I have read, I loved! Masque of the Red Death was particularly intriguing for me!

Here's my list!

Anonymous said... Best Blogger Tips

I freaking LOVED Under The Never Sky! I can't wait for the sequel!

great list. :)

FICTION STATE OF MIND said... Best Blogger Tips

I love your passion! And based on your reccommendation I just bought Obsidian. thanks for stopping by my blog :)

Bonnie @ A Backwards Story said... Best Blogger Tips

I've only read one of these so far, but I want to read several! I'm ashamed I haven't read STORM yet b/c I wanted to read it when the deal announced and it was still obscure. *hits self*

Nea said... Best Blogger Tips

Hell YES for Obsidian <3 <3 I LOVE this book so much <3 <3 Hope you're having fun today! Enjoy aBEA!

bibliojunkies said... Best Blogger Tips

Seriously - Storm is full of hot boy goodness! I want to live in that world!

~Shel (BiblioJunkies)

Marla said... Best Blogger Tips

I love your list! I still need to start the Lux series, but it's definitely on my TBR list! :-)

Natalie said... Best Blogger Tips

Don't Breathe a Word was definitely a compelling contemporary read! I enjoyed it as well. As for the other ones...well, they're still on my to-read list!

Janae's Book Obsession said... Best Blogger Tips

I just finished Masque of the Red Death and LOVED it! Lovedddddddddd Obsidian.. like whoa. LOVED it! Storm I loved. So many hot sexy fictional men what am I gonna do with myself?! ;)

Thanks for stopping by my blog!

roro said... Best Blogger Tips

2 i read
and the rest r on my whislist ^^

Post a Comment

Hi there, my pretty damsel. I love to read your comments. Feel free to write one and I'm sure a knight is on his way to you *winks*


up